Mission/ Directive: Quantum is currently seeking experienced candidates to provide support as a Senior ORSA in the Army G-8 Force Development Directorate of Joint and Integration.
- Support the conduct of the Capability Based Assessments (CBA) and Analysis of Alternatives (AoA’s) and shall frame analysis issues, review policy and procedures and review the conduct of materiel affordability and investment analyses.
- Identify study issues, draft study guidance and directives, monitor the conduct of on- going studies, assess study products and provide recommendations on results of studies in support of war fighter requirements and Army warfighting capability development.
- Provide analytic support associated with Army costs and benefits.
- Review, analyze and provide recommendations pertaining to the modeling and simulation analytical tools and efforts.
- Assess a full range of plans and programs within the JCIDS to include strategic direction, concepts and doctrine, force development, force modernization, materiel requirements, and force readiness.
- Support analyses pertaining to risk management associated with warfighting capability development.
- As necessary, assist the Army G-8 FD develop appropriate AoA and other Army studies and analysis related responses to Congressional inquiries or Congressional testimony.
- Assess, integrate, synchronize and recommend strategic guidance on Army S&T investments. Research and identify potential S&T Army Capability enablers (ACEs) and corresponding individual efforts known as S&T objectives (STOs).
- Review and support the G-8 FD’s involvement with the Army Science and Technology Strategic Implementation Plan, including: Science and Technology Deep Dives, Science and Technology governance groups.
- Review and recommend the G-8 FD’s involvement in Advanced Technology Demonstrations (ATD), Advanced/Joint Concept Technology Demonstrations (ACTD/JCTD), Multidisciplinary University Research Initiatives (MURI) and University Affiliated Research Centers (UARC).
- Monitor and provide analyses and recommendations with respect to Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA) research efforts.
- Monitor the S&T requirements identified by the Army Capabilities Integration Center (ARCIC), and the S&T efforts of the Army laboratories (e.g., ARL, RDECOM).
- Support the hardware Divisions on Critical Operational Issues (COIs) early in the life cycle of a materiel solution, and the development of the Critical Operational Issues and Criteria (COICs) as a materiel solution advances to later acquisition milestones.
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering (Industrial or Systems) or Computer science.
• Minimum of eight (8) years of ORSA experience at senior levels of the military, such as Headquarters, Department of the Army, Major Component Commands (MACOMs), or Army Service Component Commands.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.