Description: Enlighten IT Consulting, an Alion company, is looking for an experienced Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA) to join our team. The Operations Research Systems Analyst will establish and implement end-to-end proof of concept for leading edge data mining and analytics systems. They will be responsible for the creation of innovative methodologies for extracting key parameters from big data coming from various sensors. The Operations Research will utilize their expertise in modeling, statistics, machine learning, statistical data analytics, and predictive analytics to help implement analytics tied to cyber security and hunting methodologies and applications. Requirements:
- A current government clearance, background investigation, and polygraph are required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
Candidates must have most of the following required skills:
- B.S. degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math, or related fields
- Must have 8+ years of Operations Research or equivalent experience
- Strong familiarity with machine learning, data mining, and related analytics methods (e.g., clustering, sequences, networks, time series, deep learning, regression analysis, time series, probabilistic models, supervised classification and unsupervised learning, statistical analytics, etc.).
- Able to conduct analysis and orchestration of a large volume of diverse cybersecurity data sets including network flow, domain-name queries, cyberthreat indicators, host-based security logs, and web proxy data.
- Capable of applying the latest technologies in machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics to correlate cyber datasets and events, and derive dynamic cybersecurity rules.
- Generate highly accurate and near real-time security alerts based on the dynamic rules.
- Architect and work closely with other team members to develop a scalable cloud-based cybersecurity data analytics engine.
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics).
- Experience with mathematical programming languages such as Python and R and their data science libraries.
- Familiar with scalable distributed data processing, management, and visualization tools (e.g. Hadoop, ELK, Kafka, Accumulo, graph databases, etc.).
- Knowledge of cybersecurity operations, cybersecurity data types, cybersecuritythreats, network protocols (Security Operations Center tools and methodologies).
- Must be open to occasional travel for the training portion of our Data Science work (both CONUS and OCONUS)
- MS or PhD in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields is highly desired
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)