Where You Will Work
Our R&D team is the heart and soul of Manhattan Associates’ product portfolio. They design the future of our products ahead of the curve both technically and operationally over our competitors. You will be floating in the cloud, drinking your fair share of Java, and getting creative daily. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets to enhance your technical knowledge while on a path for career growth internally at Manhattan Associates.
What’s the Big Picture?
Some of the important things you will do in this role:
- Responsible for algorithm modeling, from design conception through proof-of-concept and solution delivery.
- Model complex systems within the context of Demand Chain and Supply Chain Management, such as supply/demand chain forecasting & planning, transportation planning and execution, warehouse & distribution management systems, and allocation, replenishment, and inventory management systems.
- Aid in the process of collecting and analyzing business requirements; in turn, you will be responsible for translating them into appropriate and detailed algorithmic and scientific solution designs.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses of complex operational and management problems using mathematical programming, meta-heuristics, network analysis, forecasting and simulation to ensure that the business processes and customer requirements have been accurately modeled.
- Have direct contact with customers to fully gain an understanding about their business problems and will be responsible for methodology and model development while collaborating with internal & external software developers and operations research analysts.
What You Need (Minimum Requirements)
- PhD degree Operations Research specializing in Supply/Demand Chain Planning and Forecasting, Transportation, Warehouse Management, and/or Inventory Management. Research experience in multiple areas is highly preferred
- Knowledge / experience in large-scale optimization, mathematical programming, meta-heuristics, statistics, and simulation
- Knowledge / experience with Cplex (et al), Matlab (et al), leading statistical packages
- Knowledge in C/C++, Java, and SQL
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills