Job ID: JR0185593
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ US
Other Locations: US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
Job Type: College GradOperations Research EngineerJob DescriptionThe Operations Research Engineer will be responsible for, but to limited to:
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Design, develop, and apply engineering, mathematical models, simulation and optimization models to drive solutions to complex manufacturing and supply chain problems.
- Identify and solves highly complex problems in factory performance, loading, equipment performance, decision science and, supply and distribution network problems.
- Understand the factory (Fab and A/T) environment and supply chain knowledge to develop complex engineering models and apply them to identify and drive solutions.
- Build, develop, validate and apply mathematically based decision algorithms, heuristics, optimization and simulation models and tools.
- Work closely with the business units to identify root causes, define the strategic and tactical needs and drive the appropriate business and technical solutions.
- Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal technical training, business knowledge and judgment.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to identify root causes of problems and synthesizes effective practical solution approaches implementing these solutions in real-life production usage
- Committed and highly motivated team player with strong communication skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.Minimum Qualifications
- Candidate must possess at least one of the following 2 degrees; plus, the years of experience required for each degree in the areas specified below:
1- Master's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Management, Science, or related discipline with 3 + years of relevant experience.
2- PhD degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Management, Science, or related discipline with 1 + years of relevant experience.Expertise Areas:
- Programming: CSharp and work with commercial optimization constraint programming job shop scheduling packages such as ILOG CPLEX, Gurobi, Autosched, etc.
- Database management systems, such as SQL Server, etc.
- Deterministic modeling, analytics and programming.
- Operations Research (OR), Linear Programming, Integer Programming, Constraint Programming.
Inside this Business Group
- Strong knowledge and multiple years of experience in semiconductor manufacturing and scheduling is highly preferred
- Discrete Event Simulation, Simulated Annealing, Meta Heuristics and Evolutionary Algorithms, etc.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in theTechnology Development and Manufacturing Groupare part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.Other Locations
US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, HillsboroPosting Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
USCollege GradJR0185593PhoenixTechnology and Manufacturing