LMI is a not-for-profit government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
LMI is seeking a full-time Operations Research Analyst to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of client information and technology (IT) resource management. The Operations Research Analyst will conduct basic IT program performance research and analysis to support the LMI Program Manager efforts to improve client IT resource management capabilities. The Analyst should be familiar with basic operations research and analysis methodologies and tools to include research design, surveys, complex data collection and analysis, statistics, modeling, and system/process analysis to derive relevant information to help senior resource managers make better resource allocation decisions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with fiscal administration analysts, database managers, and operations researchers from LMI, and from LMI’s teammates, as well as government researchers and managers.
- Identify and solve problems in IT resource management in the areas of Veterans healthcare, benefits and memorials.
- Collect and organize information from a variety of sources to include IT resource management databases, financial management reports, IT program management documentations, IT performance reports/customer feedback.
- Gather input from workers involved in all aspects of a problem or from others who have specialized knowledge, so that they can help solve the problem.
- Examine IT program information to figure out what is relevant to a problem and what methods might be used to analyze it.
- Use statistical analysis, simulations, predictive modeling, or other methods to analyze information and develop practical solutions to client IT resource management problems.
- Weigh the costs and benefits of alternative solutions or approaches in their recommendations and advise managers and other IT resource decision-makers on the effects of various courses of action to take in order to address a problem.
- Write reports, build briefs and create other documents explaining their findings and recommendations for managers, executives, and other officials.
- Plan, organize, and implement projects on assigned research topics.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of databases and spreadsheets.
- Prioritize own work and independently seek out relevant information.
- Review, proofread, and amend project materials (documents, charts, graphic displays, and tables) to ensure information is grammatically and factually correct.
- Establish and maintain electronic project files.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or showing facility with quantitative analysis is required.
- Master’s degree in business, economics, or technical field a plus.
- 5years of relevant work experience
- Government Contracting experience is preferred
- Experience in quantitative analysis required
- Experience in government consulting a plus.
- Proficiency in various data analysis tools, spreadsheets, and database programs required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write, and proofread a variety of general business documents and collateral materials.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills required, with the ability to develop and maintain professional relationships in LMI’s multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, promoting teamwork, and fostering positive communication.
- Strong time management and organizational skills are essential.
- Strong planning skills and ability to coordinate and prioritize projects and assignments with some supervision. Must be self-directed and detail oriented in completing assigned tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing business efforts and manage impact of shifting priorities.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all business matters required.