WANTED: An experienced Analyst with demonstrated experience in Operations Research and Warfare Assessment.
As an Operations Research Analyst you will:
- Apply journeyman level skill in operations research and advanced analytics to support joint warfighting proficiency assessments and force structure requirements
- Work with a team of driven, supportive, and highly skilled professionals.
- Apply advanced statistical methods to improve effectiveness of force capabilities
- Utilize high-end modeling and simulation tools to represent platforms, sensors and weapons in a host of mission and campaign-level scenarios
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Operations Research Analyst:
- Provide analytic and modeling and simulation support to Joint Staff campaign-level warfighting studies using a host of DoD applications and toolsets
- The Analyst will provide support in the areas of DoD modeling, simulation and analysis to include engagement, mobility, logistics, sustainment, and munitions analyses
- The Analyst will work with a highly skilled team of analysts on the development or refinement of current and future warfare databases
- Analyses will include current year, future year, and contingency plan warfighting, capability, and capacity
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Clearance: Active TS/SSBI with SCI eligibility
- Advanced degree (Masters/PhD) from an accredited college or university in Operations Research, physics, engineering, or an applied science discipline
- Experience: 3 Years of warfighting modeling, simulation and analysis using task-related tools OR
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Operations Research, physics, engineering, or an applied science discipline
- Experience: 5 Years of warfighting modeling, simulation and analysis using task-related tools
**To be considered, degrees must demonstrate at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must be in calculus.
- Experience in developing and executing mission and campaign-level representations, databases, and analyses of US, allied, and adversary forces executing warfighting concepts of operation.
- Experience with any of the following tools: STORM, EADSIM, AMP/MIDAS, JFAST, SQL, R, Python, and/or AFSIM