Great organization! Family type environment. They are hiring an Operations Relief Superintendent. This could be an up and comer and the next move in their career. Currently our client has 3 Operations Superintendents and the person in this role will be helping them.
Our client is a fertilizer producer. The plant is located in Pasadena, TX
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in progressively more responsible positions in petrochemical or refining process operations
- Bachelor in Chemical or Mechanical Engineeringpreferred
- Experience in the production of sulfuric acid and/or granulated fertilizers is a plus
- Demonstrated strong leadership abilities
- Self-motivated leader that is proactive with a strong sense of urgency toward improvement
- A hands-on visible leader that seeks engagement and involvement of employees
- Skilled in supervising, evaluating, training and motivating employees
- Results driven - Routinely uses goals, objectives, and metrics to achieve results
- Ability to develop and foster trust and cooperation in a union environment
- Possess the ability to quickly assess a situation and take responsibility for directing a course of action
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The person in this role will responsible for assisting the management of day to day operations of all manufacturing plants, utilities, storage facilities, and shipping operations at the Pasadena plant. Responsible for coverage when assigned for Operations Superintendents and Operations Supervisors He/she indirectly is responsible for approximately 55 employees, and is expected to lead, coach, and develop his/her employees while establishing and fostering a continuous improvement environment where teamwork and sustainable solutions are expected. As a member of the plant’s management team, he/she will participate in and or lead cross functional efforts to establish and meet the plant’s safety, environmental, production, and budgetary goals. The Relief Superintendent/Supervisor will function as resource for all production related activities at the site. The selected candidate must be able to interact effectively across the entire organization from the hourly associates to all levels of management.
- Assist managing operations department in meeting company safety, environmental compliance, production, and quality assurance standards; including OSHA, TCEQ, USEPA, Coast Guard, and DOT
- Know the technical information and specifics relevant to the products manufactured by company and the processes used to produce and distribute them; possessing sufficient comfort in key technical areas to adequately plan for the future and identify critical improvement needs
- Exhibit a creative and self-motivated approach to continuous improvement, process optimization, capital project initiation and execution, and cost-effective technology implementation.
- Translate and integrate Company strategies into objectives and action plans to achieve operational excellence
- Manage and motivate employees to be active in safety programs, and adhere to the plant’s EHS&S policies and procedures
- Assist in coordination of an effective training program for operations personnel