ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for project management of priority and complex initiatives, working to ensure profitability and to improve efficiency, risk measures, and outcomes.
2. Helps to assess current processes, work flow, and procedures for risk and inefficiency. Pro-active in determining needs across the organization, bringing those to the attention of the VP of Operations.
3. Serves as Patient Liaison and supports Practice Directors in timely resolution of patient complaints and staff concerns that are not resolved at the practice level.
4. Provides urgent coverage and support to practices as requested, due to unplanned leadership absences and unexpected events.
5. Functions as a Supervisor during practice leadership absences, and/or as needed. May be required to supervise staff as assigned by the VP of Operations.
6. Coordinates and manages Operations-specific trainings, recruitment, project events, and communication. Collaborates with HR Training and Project Manager to operationalize training objectives.
7. Oversees training and assists with supervision of Coordinators in the practices, mentoring and providing guidance as needed.
8. Maintains awareness of PCHC services, policies, quality measures, procedures, and work flows to offer suggestions for improvement and update as needed. Seeks best practices and collaborate toward standardization.
9. Responsible for updating and implementing Operations policies.
10. Gathers and reports monthly and annual data for statistical, process improvement, and planning purposes, as needed.
11. Maintains strict confidentiality in accordance with PCHC policies and HIPAA.
12. Attends required meetings and participates in committees, as requested by the VP of Operations.
13. Participates in quality improvement and professional development activities to keep current in health care trends and practices.
14. Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of organizational goals and objectives through promotion of, and a commitment to, teamwork.
15. Abides by the organizations compliance program and its requirements.
16. Current on all required training for current year.
17. Performs all other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Skilled in project management, planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
2. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with patients, employees, and the public.
3. Knowledge of the various software used at PCHC. Skilled in gathering and interpreting data.
4. Knowledge of revenue cycle processes.
5. Skilled in reviewing and analyzing financial information.
6. Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
7. Knowledge of health care administration and clinical support practices.
8. Skilled in verbal and written communication.
9. Ability to initiate and exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problemsolving expertise.
10. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
11. Proficient with MS Excel and otherMS products
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a medical practice setting.
• Normal medical office environment.
• Involves frequent contact with staff, patients and the public.
• Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with people who are angry or upset.
• Working extended hours may be required as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare related field (or demonstrated equivalent experience) required.
• Experience in the Mental Health field is preferred!
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a healthcare setting, with supervision experiencepreferred. Experience in a primary care setting ideal.
• Valid State of Maine Drivers License with acceptable driving record for insurance purposes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.