The BAE Systems Combat Vehicles site in York, Pennsylvania is seekingOperations Program Specialists. These positions provide day-to-day leadership of projects within Operations/Manufacturing and develop program objectives to ensure that end user requirements will be satisfied while adhering to Life Cycle Management (LCM) requirements.
- Organizes and directs execution of inter-related project tasks.
- Plans internal and external resources ensuring all project obligations and objectives are met. This includes identifying and acquiring resources, providing project leadership, and anticipating and resolving inter/intra group conflict.
- Develops and implements project plans in accordance with the Transition to Production process and Manufacturing Readiness Level Requirements, where applicable, to include detailed task definition, resource requirements, schedule, quality, and cost parameters.
- Assesses project risks and opportunities and develops risk mitigation plans.
- Provides regular reports to Operations Program Liaison/Manager on all projects in which responsible.
- Communicates summaries and recommendations to the Operations Program Manager based on assessment of internal and external resources.
- Reviews statuses of projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Assists senior level Operations Program Specialists with horizontal integration planning and interfaces with other functional areas and integrated project team members ensuring proposals, projects and programs are implemented in accordance with requirements, schedules, and budgets.
- Assists Control Account Managers and Work Package Managers within Manufacturing and Production Support Engineering with support to manage overall cost, schedule and technical performance through program development and execution.
- Coordinates program initiation within Operations/Manufacturing.
- Assists with multiple functions in proposal preparation and documentation including cost and technical rationale.
- Develops new solutions and drives process change to integrate best practices into production processes.
- Where required, chairs and leads the Change Incorporation Natural Work Team to effectively incorporate program changes.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a technical discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc) and five (5) years applicable work experience or the overall equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
The Operations Program Specialist must have:
- Project planning and management skills to direct and execute a successful start-up and program;
- Experience in orchestrating a project while meeting contract costs and scheduled targets in a supporting role;
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, to convey critical information;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and Project;
- The ability to act as a liaison coordinating information flow amongst team members, production, engineering, etc;
- Experience coordinating, leading others in accomplishing work activities. As necessary, able to explain relevant concepts to those unacquainted with processes and requirements;
- Pro-active, forward thinking in planning, time management, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and organization;
- Skills to identify and determine appropriate methods and procedures;
- Knowledge of business and management operating systems;
- An understanding of relevant line of business systems and processes;
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes required for tracked vehicle production or associated structures and components;
- The ability to assist in developing and evaluating production cost proposals;
- An understanding of basic design engineering processes and systems, manufacturing and manufacturing management systems, and how to relate to and influence customer representatives;
- Ability to make persuasive presentations to customers and management.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Experience working with the Department of Defense, military, and/or government beneficial;
- Exposure to a heavy-manufacturing environment a plus;
- Literacy in MS Access a plus.