The Operations Program Manager (OPM) is the primary lead and interface for the program management team for RSS operations. The OPM will manage and lead in the assembly and processing of electronic and/or mechanical products along with the Front Line Leader. It is imperative the OPM has a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the production organization concerned with the assembly and processing operations including a thorough understanding of manufacturing related policies/procedures, and quality and customer requirements.
The OPM will be responsible for all aspects of the internal program being led. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Leader in the creation of the current and future state of programs and the implementation plan for getting from present to future.
- Understanding and use of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Will monitor and control the total assigned budget and assure compliance with budget requirements
- Will control cost through lean manufacturing practices and the effective utilization of reduction of rework, scrap and waste.
- Must be able to create and maintain working relationships with functional leaders providing employees to the program, relationships with internal and external customers with respect to production planning, problem resolution, and process improvement
- Will recommend changes in product design, tooling and manufacturing methods to improve programs
- Must fully adhere to the goals of Raytheon and its programs including Raytheon Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing and assures through contacts with outside departments, that proper inventory balances are maintained, quality is within acceptable standards and production goals are met
- Must be able to perform strategic planning, develop relationships and achieve buy-in from all relevant parties for strategy and vision for the value stream with strong organizational, planning, and execution skills
- Effective communicator, able to build strong relationships and work with personnel at all organizational levels
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data and information to convey a concise message to team members, leadership, and other relevant parties with high competence in managing projects and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, persistence, and creativity in problem solving
- Understanding and utilization of business system tools and working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
- Will identify and pursue cost reduction initiatives (CRIs) and supports Bid and Proposal activities
- Generates / validates staffing plans
- All other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 6 years related work experience
- Experience leading in an operations environment
- Earned Value Certification (Level 2) or equivalent
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Top Secret clearance with RSS Program access
- Computer proficiency and demonstrated ability to learn new software applications
- Familiarity with scheduling and Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) systems
- Strategic and visionary planning, develop relationships and achieve buy-in from all relevant parties
- Ability and desire to learn and grow skills with a goal of taking on a greater level of responsibility in the future
Required Education: Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management, Business degree or equivalent degree and at least 6 years' experience in progressively more responsible leadership positions.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter .
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.