Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an immediate need for an Operations Program Manager (OPM). The OPM will work within Manufacturing and support the CNI Operating Unit located in San Diego, CA.
The responsibilities of an OPM include:
• The Operations Program Manager (OPM) 4 leads and directs activities between Manufacturing, Engineering, Global Supply Chain and Mission Assurance to develop and execute manufacturing build plans.
• This position is responsible for coordinating schedules, cost requirements, and manufacturing visibility to both the Program Office and the Customer and maintaining quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
• The OPM will work to targeted cost and schedule requirements.
• The OPM will facilitate internal meetings to support design, production, and problem resolution.
• The OPM will represent manufacturing at the program Risk Review Board (RRB) meetings and create / manage any applicable manufacturing risks and/or opportunities from the program risk register. Furthermore, the OPM will support and generate proposal documentation as needed to foster new work.
• This position requires acting as a leader or member of a product team, responsible for product-level requirements analysis, design, engineering and fabrication of the products assigned.
**Please be aware that this is a Professional Staff 4 position, not a Management band position**
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or STEM related field with at least 9 years of relevant work experience; 7 years of relevant work experience with a Master's Degree.
• Experience in a multi-disciplined engineering and manufacturing environment.
• Experience supporting the manufacturing discipline.
• Experience in Firm Fixed Price contracts and Earned Value Management knowledge.
• Current Secret clearance.
• BS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering.
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, Engineering.
• Experience with cost, schedule, project leadership, and/or process improvement.
• Experience performing PRR/MRA and bringing new products to volume production.
• Experience with Risk Management, RTG plans, and Forecasting EACs, and managing budgets.
• Previous engineering design experience on development programs.
• Experience with electronic product builds, root cause/corrective action and troubleshooting.