In the Electronics business division, you will be responsible for the support of the products after SOP for projects assigned by Management.
Additional tasks include:
- Coordinate changes and replacement of all production tooling in cooperation with the Purchasing Department. This includes the planning, costing and communication throughout the organization of all activities related to the topic. This individual will also keep a traceability system for HEC tooling to forecast tooling replacement and include them in the yearly budgets.
- Responsibility for Engineering Change Management, in agreement with the internal organizational units responsible, in order to process incoming changes as quickly as possible.
- Build and maintain the capacity charts for critical lines for HEC (e.g., pedal sensors, roof control units, contactless inductive position sensors (CIPOS), etc.) to support the decision for new requirements (capacity available versus the need to add capacity). Report on monthly basis the status of the capacity for each line. The list of lines to be included will be defined in agreement with Management.
General Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership to production and manufacturing after the projects are released into production (OTD).
- Develop and coordinate cost reduction and continous improvement activities for the achievement of the KPI for the Engineering area. These activities will be in cooperation with all departments as appropriate.
- Closely monitor production project activities as assigned by Management for conformity to project scope, adherence to customer specifications and other regulations, and meet regularly with the team and maintain meeting minutes and lists of open points.
- Improve the value of existing products, production processes and procedures, analyzing and defining cost structures and key costs, carrying out economic efficiency calculations and yield considerations for projects with regard to target specifications.
- Anticipate potential problems, plan appropriate resolutions and take early corrective action before problems happen; authority to engage entire organization to address issues and restore program integrity should such occur.
- Involvement in the preparation of investment plans in order to achieve optimum capacity utilization of systems and operating equipment and optimum production conditions. Planning project budgets for optimization measures following SOP.
- Agreement and monitoring of the applied technologies and technical possibilities in day-to-day business, indicating and initiating possible improvements if necessary, as well as specific feedback (lessons learned) of knowledge gained during production to the development department, involvement in the development of new methods/strategies to secure know-how and competitive advantages.
- Adherence to the quality, cost and timing (Q-C-T) targets specified by the client, using major result-securing methods (e.g., FMEA, Engineering Change Management, Scheduling) in order to meet customer requirements and achieve optimum economic efficiency.
- Support environmental health and safety compliance to ensure processes are safe for workers.
- Must complete the required training for the position (see Training Plan for General Manufacturing).
- Strive for continuous improvement in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years experience in electronic manufacturing industry; two (2) to three (3) years leading projects.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of APQP, ISO/TS 16949 Certification.
- Detailed knowledge of SMT process and automatic assembly lines.
- Must be conscientious and maintain confidentiality in daily operations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy, including MS Project.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to solve problems, both technical and organizational.
- Ability to work in a team environment and with minimum supervision.
- Conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner.
- Professionally aggressive and goal oriented.
- Indirect supervision of assigned cross-functional project team members.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to climb or balance and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.