Operations, Processing Specialist
About the Team
Custody and clearing services provide investors with innovative solutions and highly individualized services including the following products: Securities Settlement and Safekeeping, Collection and Remittance of Interest/Dividend Income, Corporate Actions, Cash Management, Class Actions and Proxy Notification .
The Income & Reorganization area supports the Custody business. Income is responsible for calculating and processing dividend and interest payments for both USD and Non-USD assets held by our clients.
- Review and/or create dividend, interest and Principal & Interest (income payments) records for both USD and Non USD held assets to ensure the payment details have been updated in order for the payment amount to be pre-advised to our client
- Perform pre-reconciliation of income payments we expect to receive from the various depositories and sub-custodians to the custody system Global Plus (G+P)
- Investigate and resolve any differences by checking details against other sources such as Bloomberg, Company Web site, Paying agent, etc.
- Verify that all income payments that have been reconciled to the depositories/sub-custodians have been updated on G+P to “confirmed”
- Perform reconciliation between payments received from depositories/sub-custodians to transactions posted to G+P on payment date
- Review and respond to client/Investment Managers/Marketing and Client Service inquirie
- Assist with the gathering of the necessary documents requested in an audit review
- Prepare various management reports daily, weekly, monthly and on an ad hoc basis.
- Participate in testing upgrades/enhancements of G+P and DTC CA Web
- Experience processing USD and Non-USD dividend and interest payments
- Knowledge of DTC functions
- Knowledge of Global Plus
- Ability to coordinate work assignments
- Must be able to work with others as a team
- Word (Moderate)
- Excel (Moderate)
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
5+years in securities operations preferably in income processing