Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 diversified global manufacturing and service provider company with $14 billion in revenue that delivers specialized expertise, leadership in innovation and value-added solutions to meet customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW is structured with seven Segments and include 80 Divisions over 50,000 employees world-wide.
ITW Pro Brands – Olathe is one of five locations in the ITW Fluids NA Division. We are a leading manufacturer and distributer of diverse lines of industrial specialty chemicals, marking systems and mold release agents that service multiple industries world-wide.
Our Culture and Values:
We strive to empower every employee to think and act like entrepreneurs and provide them with the responsibility and autonomy to get things done. At ITW, we use our expertise to nurture and continuously improve our brands, department operations, customer relations, and our employees. Our successful team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. They thrive on taking ownership and truly want to make an impact.
ITW Pro Brands is seeking an Operations Manager for their Olathe, Kansas manufacturing facility.
You will report to the Division Operations Director and be responsible for safe and regulatory compliant operation of the plant to ensure maximum production quantity, quality, and profitability by directly supervising the production, shipping and maintenance departments.
- Utilize leadership to drive and build a culture of continuous improvement and alignment with Enterprise Strategy.
- Manage and execute on safety, environmental, production, quality, and efficiency objectives.
- Communicate and review department objectives and company vision regularly with all managers and subordinates, both individually and as a group.
- Conduct and participate in production and management meetings. Provide input and updates on monitoring metrics, production reports and key initiatives.
- Contributes to annual budget and long-range planning development. Manage operations and direct labor costs within budget.
- Develops and manages plant capital expenditure projects.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures, personnel assignments and machine utilization to meet production schedules.
- Coordinate with sourcing and scheduling personnel to maintain optimal use and planning of resources.
- Manage and participate in inventory management activities.
- Manage activities of maintenance personnel and preventive maintenance initiatives and programs.
- Acts as an Operations liaison with other functional areas / departments to ensure high level of customer satisfaction in addressing customer inquiries, problems and concerns.
- Ensures all subordinates are properly trained, motivated, equipped and are following environmental, health & safety regulations, quality standards, production procedures, and work rules.
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources to nurture and sustain the Division’s culture.
- Provide coaching and development to employees and conduct performance and reviews.
- Travel as needed to visit customers, suppliers or other facilities.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelordegree (in technical field preferred) and minimum seven years Operations/Plant Manager experience within a manufacturing environment. Experience in lieu of degree considered.
- Proven competency in understanding of and implementation of continuous improvement and process efficiency programs / principles. (i.e. 80/20, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, Just In Time, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies.
- Computer proficiency within Microsoft Windows based environment and other job-related applications including web-based applications and internet navigation. Proficient in using Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and ERP system. Navision experience a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory laws and responsibilities as it pertains to the position (i.e. OSHA, EPA, NFPA). Knowledgeable of regulated good manufacturing processes (GMP and cGMP) a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience managing operations personnel in a manufacturing environment. Knowledgeable on labor laws and employee management.
- Proven success in building strong teams, developing talent, and managing performance based systems.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to connect and influence employees at all levels. Collaborative. Able to lead people and get results through others.
- Able to work with little or no supervision.