York PA 17402
Manages both physical and systematic material flow through shipping, receiving, and otherinternal factory processes. Interacts with materials supervision and hourly staff to ensure that department safety, quality, delivery, cost, people, and sustainability goals are achieved. Communicates and coordinates with suppliers, customers, and logistics providers. Resolves shipping and receiving discrepancies, inventory inaccuracies, and material shortages. Supports H-D Continuous Improvement System activities. Cross-trains with other materials department staff roles and supports as necessary. Majority of time is spent on shop floor. This is a nightshift position.
This position requires an Associate's degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Technology, or Information Systems. In lieu of the education requirement, an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience is accepted. The equivalent definition is 2years of relevant experience for each full year of educationrequired.
The successful candidate will have:
*3-5years of relevant experience in a high volume manufacturing or distribution environment.
* Proficient knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP software.
* Extensive experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
* Excellent analytical, technical, problem solving, and communication skills.
* Consistent and dependable in carrying out ops planner duties independently with little direction.
* Leadership capabilities to direct hourly unionized employees as needed.
*Supports a safe work environment per safety policies.
* Identifies and resolves any safety concerns.
* Performs layered process audits.
* Analyzes and resolves inventory inaccuracies and material shortages.
* Ensures material availability to support customer requirements.
* Accountable for meeting or exceeding budgets.
*Supports continuous improvement and strives to achieve cost effective results.
* Interacts with employees, celebrates accomplishments, and attends group meetings.
* Provides back up support to other materials team members as needed.
*Supports plant?s energy and waste reduction initiatives.
* Ensures adherence to waste management policies.
* Completes personal development objectives. This can be accomplished through on-the-job, social, and formal learning opportunities.
* Ensures commitment to the H-D Continuous Improvement System.
* Drives measureable improvements in safety, quality, delivery, cost, people and sustainability metrics.
* Employee will interact with variety of stake holders via various communication mediums (written and/or verbal).
Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or clients; listen well.
Decision Making & Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues: able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics; review facts and weigh options.
Able to be tactful, maintains confidences, and fosters an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
Planning, Prioritizing, & Goal Setting: Able to prepare for emerging customer needs; manage multiple projects; determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way; use goals to guide actions and create detailed action plans; organize and schedule people and task.
Policies, Process, & Procedures:
Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules or practices.
Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; do work right the first time and inspect material for flaws; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
Relationship Management: Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
Able to adapt behavior to others styles; interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds; be of service to difficult people; optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
Tolerance of Ambiguity: Able to withhold actions or speech in the absence of important information; deal with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.