The Operations planner will play a pivotal role on the operations team. Responsibilities will be set to maintain the link between demand, production planning and procurement. Will assist in the analysis & forecasting behind component material plans and will be responsible for communicating demand plans to the procurement team. The Operations planner, will also contribute to contract manufacturer production planning/scheduling and manage key reporting metrics to deploy demand/production strategies that support operation efforts.
- Analyze, prioritize & manage supply cycles for all assigned products and categories.
- Interface with various functional areas, such as co manufacturers, shipping, quality, accounting, etc. in order to resolve any supply, quality or logistic problems associated with demand planning and order fulfillment.
- Play a key role in the S&OP function within operations and the organization.
- Coordinate the flow of information between order entry, purchasing, manufacturing, quality and 3PL.
- Oversee component material requirement forecasts and collaborate with sourcing/forecast manager on execution strategy.
- Create and foster an environment where operations/supply chain risk is identified and mitigated.
- Collaborate with forecast manager to bring together product line plans and properly illustrate direction in MRP system.
- Investigate issues and inefficiencies across operation that compromise system data accuracy.
- Assist in the analysis of rolling demand cycles and development of finished good forecasts.
- Document processes and information flows involved in reporting activities, analyses & decision making.
- Participate in and contribute towards process improvement initiatives and goals.
- Validate system data accuracy and work with IT reporting team to maximize system use & efficiency
- Handle large volumes of data in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of MRP and supply chain planning practices.
- Knowledge of MRP system set up and deployment is a plus.
- Advanced personal computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Microsoft EXCEL skills REQUIRED.
- Strong EMPHASIS on ATTENTION to DETAIL & ACCURACY.
- Experience with SAP is a plus but not required.
- Good communication skills; written, oral and inter-personal.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently and employ effective time management skills.
- Strong emphasis on organizational skills.
Education Minimum Requirements/Equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- APICS preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5 years related of planning experience in operations, contract manufacturing and/or MLM environment.