This position reports to the Director – Originations Risk Management and will be responsible for in-line compliance control testing for Third Party Originations.
Responsible for validating business controls over state and federal consumer lending regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, the Truth in Lending Act, the SAFE Act, The Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, the technical requirements under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and state regulations governing disclosures and high cost loans.
- Participates in business and system regulatory change initiatives to ensure that operational risks are assessed, mitigated and escalated where appropriate.
- Assists in development and maintenance of Originations Risk compliance review procedures on TDK Insight as well as on the Policies and Procedures intranet site.
- Assists in monthly reporting of review results.
- Determines root cause and assists with follow up testing on procedural and regulatory exceptions identified through monitoring, compliance reviews, federal and state examinations and internal audits of federal regulatory compliance.
- Has in-depth understanding of compliance business control processes and impacts of those processes on other areas of Home Point Financial Corporation.
- Participates on project teams and QC and Risk Management meetings to assess existing controls and provide advisory input on new controls that are being considered or in development.
- Attends training to stay up to date on regulatory changes.
- Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Five or more years of experience with wholesale and retail mortgage lending operations, preferably with a compliance or audit background.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage related rules and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Strong data analysis skills including a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications for data analysis (i.e. MS Excel) and compliance software products used in support of the business (Mavent).