What Part Will You Play?
We are seeking an Operations Network Engineer to join our team! This position is responsible for the architecture vision, design, and implementation while assisting in the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of infrastructure systems that supports core organizational functions. May lead and mentor other team members. A core team member of one or more projects that drive’s the team to improve operational efficiency and availability.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Responsible for developing and maintaining iStreamPlanet’s architecture roadmap for leveraging technology and for enhancing the network and server physical and virtual architecture to better support the needs of the business.
- Provide architectural design standards for new product offerings as well as network impact assessments, network designs, vendor election and implementation, and on-going support as market requirements are refined.
- Build network core competencies and further develop network technical and commercial expertise.
- Become a technical advisor for senior level customer meetings – providing support when discussing specific high-profile implementations or new business ideas, and implementations and design changes.
- Manage all core and productions network infrastructure (e.g. Juniper Switches/Routers/Firewalls, Arista Switches), cloud solutions, Office 365, Skype for Business, Load Balancers, and Cisco DCM.
- Develop, document, and execute processes and runbooks.
- Ensure internal and external SLAs are met, including measuring and reporting key metrics, trends, and system performance.
- Work with project managers and other teams to achieve company deadlines.
- Manage daily ticket queues and delegate tasks as necessary.
- Provide detailed reports to management including metrics, system performance projections, root cause analysis, and KPIs.
- Be on-call and serve as an escalation point during outages.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior-level operation employees.
- Keep up-to-date of industry advancements, acting as a Systems SME and provide recommendations to improve the company’s core and production infrastructure.
- Create scripts to automate processes.
- Works closely with peers to design, develop, and maintain network and system architecture.
What Do We Need From You?
- Bachelor’s degree in a IT or related field.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a Principal or Lead role.
- Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of in-house developed and vendor software and hardware.
- Proven technical experience maintaining and delivering online services in a 24x7 environment.
- Experience with configuration and deployment of Juniper switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Extensive knowledge with configuring and managing exterior and interior routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, IS-IS) and unicast and multicast traffic.
- Experience with configuration and operation of network and system monitoring software.
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SIP, Wireless 802.3 and 802.11, RFC, and ISO standards.
- Acute attention to details with demonstrated trouble-shooting and analytical skills.
Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree in a IT or related field.
- Experience with software-as-a-service.