Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 out of the top 50 logistics companies in North America, and Forbes named us one of America's best employers. At XPO, our employees are our greatest asset and we're always on the lookout for leaders that will provide guidance and education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Operations Manager, you will oversee the daily management of the operation supporting national returns processing and outbound order preparation for a multichannel distribution center. Become a part of our rapidly growing dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Supervise warehouse associates, including motivating, coaching, training and disciplining staff
- Oversee equipment and coordinate all maintenance needs
- Manage inventory control processes; drive quality operations through the application of Lean methodologies
- Create and monitor KPIs against targets; lead the organization to meet or exceed KPIs
- Ensure picking and put-away activities in the distribution center are meeting operational needs
- Lead the operations team to support value-added service and outbound packing to meet or exceed lead time requirements
- Initiate and facilitate projects focusing on the improvement of safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and with computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or a related field
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement knowledge and experience
- Experience in warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment by monitoring and enforcing safety procedures across all departments
- Strong problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments.