Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset and we're always on the lookout for inspirational leaders who know how to get the best out of their team. As the Operations Manager, you'll oversee several important areas that are critical to keeping our operations running smoothly. We'll count on your skills and years of experience to be a champion of our company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Communicate with customers, vendors and operations to ensure customer commitments are met
- Establish procedures for maintaining overall company quality objectives
- Provide guidance to supervisors with respect to personnel, quality and safety
- Hire, train, develop and appraise staff effectively
- Make recommendations to the Facility Manager on programs to improve operations
- Manage equipment and coordinate all maintenance needs with the maintenance team
- Ensure all records/reports are completed on time and maintained appropriately
- Adhere to and enforce all safe work practices, ensuring the warehouse is compliant with OSHA and other appropriate standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of XPO's quality policy
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and with computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or a related field
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement knowledge and experience
- Experience in warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment by monitoring and enforcing safety procedures across all departments
- Strong problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments