Our Wausau area client is in need of an Operations Manager due to an internal transfer. This important role reports to the VP of Operations. You would be managing a plant with over 200+employees.
- Plan and coordinate production requirements, resources, equipment and facilities.
- Develop and implement long-range and short-term strategies and operating policies to achieve established departmental goals and objectives.
- Set clear performance expectations for team members.
- Foster the development of employees in a positive and productive environment.
- Analyze customer requests and issues and make decisions for their best resolution.
- Review production processes and make recommendations to improve quality, reduce cost, or increase efficiency.
- Encourage team involvement in improvement initiatives.
- Manage employee performance issues when needed to ensure a team-oriented workplace.
- Establish appropriate metrics to measure process effectiveness and plant results.
- Report the current status of production goals, compliance to schedules, and budget considerations to the VP of Operations.
- Represent manufacturing/operations on cross-functional project teams.
- Apply statistical methods and perform analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and increased efficiency.
- Apply lean principles in own work performance and drive Lean application in company operations.
- Ensure written standard operating procedures and work instructions for key processes.
- A Bachelors degree is required.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing management.
- Ability to handle multi-department responsibility.
- Knowledgeable with lean manufacturing, Kaizen and Six Sigma is required.
- Excellent team building skills and customer service.