With minimal supervision by the facility Project Manager, the Assistant Plant Manager will manage the overall operations and maintenance of a municipal waste treatment facility including staff supervision, process operations decision making, significant client interface, and budget control. This position will include hands-on as well as management duties.
- Assisting in managing all aspects of the day to day operations and maintenance of a municipal wastewater treatment plant, site laboratory, storm water pollution prevention and source control (Industrial Pre-treatment Program).
- Responds to after-hours plant alarm calls or similar activities. May work in any and all weather conditions especially during wet season. May need to work extended or off shifts during wet weather events or plant emergencies.
Ideal candidates should possess all of the following:
- Grade IV Wastewater Treatment Operator Certification
- Five years of experience in wastewater treatment plant operations which demonstrates an increasing level of responsibility
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Familiarity with Federal and State wastewater compliance regulations and document preparation
- Significant experience in the making of process operations decisions
- Ability to communicate complex issues in written and verbal form
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Experience with the management of project budgets and cost control
- Candidates must have all of the following to qualify for positions in this advertisement:
- Bachelors or Associates degree from an accredited college or equivalent work experience
- State of California Grade IV or higher wastewater treatment operators certification
- A valid California drivers license