At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Primary internal customer interface for service delivery of outsourced facility services and self performed facility services, centered around Site Utility infrastructure support and strategy, BAS program overview, Engineering project coordination. The position will also focus on Facilities systems supporting fire protection, utilities, soft services, office space and laboratory space. Full knowledge of supplier agreement in both contract compliance and execution, including ongoing relationships with suppliers. Operational knowledge of facility business functions and requirements, including EHS, Security, Site Engineering, soft and hard services.
- Primary interface with internal customers for service delivery related to Utility infrastructure, Labs, Offices, and BAS systems.
- Frequent contact with managers/employees in other departments and/or customer representatives to coordinate activities concerning operational decisions and business requirements.
- Ensures the interests of the customer are primary; acts as champion for customer.
- Support development and management of site operating budget Provides leadership, guidance and problem-solving skills to employees either within the department or through project/process coordination.
- Performs work, conducting activities and solving difficult or unusual problems for specific areas of oversight
- Primary customer of site engineering for site capital infrastructure projects, as well as development of CAPX plan.
- Assure proper commissioning and turnover of all capital projects to ensure customer needs are met.
- Develop and assure compliance with department SOPs, EHS policies and procedures including corporate/division policies.
- Champion for site energy initiatives as well as ongoing energy consumption monitoring.
- Site owner for site shutdowns and primary customer interface for related activities.
- Participates in site auditing as it relates to environment, health and safety in partnership with site EHS.
- Management of “out of scope” contracts supporting site operations.
- Participate in site emergency response.
- Administers company policies by making decisions on matters of day-to-day implementation and interpretation. Must be able to influence others.
- May be required to support other sites in the region.
- BS Degree or equivalent experience desired.
- Minimum of seven years experience in operations, maintenance and service management of industrial buildings, research buildings, and systems, office systems and utility plants.
- Hands on experience in the procurement, negotiation, and management of contracts with maintenance suppliers, contractors and consultants.
- Broad Technical knowledge of facility operations, infrastructure, engineering and systems.
- High level of interpersonal, communication and presentational skills.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, sound business ethics, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations and industry practices such as GMPs, GLPs, AAALAC, IQ/OQ/PQ regulations, environmental regulations, building codes, ADA and OSHA requirements.
- Experience in managing the financial aspects of facility operations and services including budget development, expense forecasting, SAP transactions and cost tracking.
- Ability to identify and solve technical problems in very complex research systems.