Through a constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company, the Operations Manager is responsible for the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the facility has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiencies.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Directs and manages facility operations.
- Implements cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance. Controls and minimizes operating expenses.
- Maintains existing facilities and equipment; replaces, or makes adjustments to warehouse facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes to allow company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, and business goals and objectives.
- Assumes responsibility for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the warehouse as required.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel, designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the team as needed; provides mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the warehouse.
- Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers, and all business partners.
- Ensures that OSHA requirements are effectively implemented.
- Ensures that both the inside and outside of Warehouse facilities are clean and orderly.
- Ensures that forklifts, trailers, trucks, stackers, ladders, pallets, shelves, and Warehouse machinery are in Safe operating condition.
- Conducts performance appraisals. Provides measurable feedback to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws, as well as all company policies.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Maintain Cost efficiencies with regard to budget management.
- All service, productivity, accuracy and safety targets are well coordinated and delivered in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws.
- Inventory records and documents are current, accurate, and well organized.
- Machinery, equipment, and systems are in good working condition and preventive maintenance is performed as scheduled.
- Effective hiring and retention of a motivated workforce assures personnel are effective, efficient, and optimally utilized. Maintains a positive internal and external customer relations.
- Management is informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent understanding of inventory control and management procedures.
- Understanding of Company operations.
- Knowledge of budgeting, supply contracts, and shipping requirements.
- Five or more years of related experience, with at least two or more years of supervisory experience.
- System implementation experience is preferred
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communications abilities.
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment and computer applications.