Uni-Select Inc. is Canada’s leader in the distribution of automotive parts, tools and equipment to the automotive aftermarket. We are currently in an exciting growth phase delivering strong financial results including operating over 50 corporate stores with the goal of continuing to increase that number through acquisitions.
Reporting to Vice President Logistics & Operations Canada, the Operations Manager’s mandate is to direct, control, and co-ordinate the entire Supply Chain activities of the Distribution Centres in Prairies divisions.
In particular, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining a high level of service by optimizing the efficiency of our operations and service to our customers while respecting Distribution and Inventorybudgets. Managing a team of DC Managers and Supervisors in 4 locations, the incumbent will assume, among others, the following direct responsibilities:
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all warehousing and distribution activities in the Prairies Distribution Centres;
- Through a team of Distribution Center and Department Heads, organize, co-ordinate and supervise the work of approximately 150-200 employees in accordance with established policies, laws and regulations, including those related to operating large Distribution Centres in a Safe and efficient fashion;
- Maintain a high level of performance for all Distribution Centre activities (4 sites in 3 provinces), such as: fill rate, profitability, inventory turns and most importantly, productivity and the quality of service provided to our customers;
- Responsible for creating, implementing, managing and monitoring warehouse results in accordance with the established warehouse budget to ensure objectives are met or exceeded;
- In partnership with the Vice President, develop and implementstrategies to reducecosts throughout thePrairies Division;
- Prioritize teamwork, excellence and quality of service offered to customers, by ensuring a synergy among all DC Managers in order to meet the company’s strategic objectives and performance standards regarding, levels of service, profitability, inventory turnaround and operation efficiency (KPI’s);
- Work closely with All Departments, insuring good internal and external communications;
- Closely cooperate with Head Office Logistics and IT departments, in order to optimize the working methods and processes related to our Warehouse Management System (WMS) and our ERP system (SAP).
- Participate in thedevelopment andimplementation ofbest business practices("SOP: Standard Operating Procedures") to optimize the distributionnetwork;
- Coach, manage, evaluate and develop members of his/her team.
- University or College degree in Logistics, Business Administration or Production;
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience in a similar role in a distribution environment;
- Ability to adapt and lead in a constantly changing environment and act as a change management Champion;
- Strong leadership skills, which include the ability to work efficiently within a multidisciplinary team;
- Experience with warehouse management system (WMS), ERP (SAP) and experience with implementation processes;
- Strong organizational, planning and cost control skills
- Strong influencer and communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel;
- Available fortravellingoutside theprovince (approximately 30% of the time);
- Experience in wholesale distribution and/or automotive industry.