We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join our team. This role provides direction and supports the day to day operations of our facility.
-Need to understand tooling and machining
The Operations Manager will report to the General Manager of the facility and will drive improvement in the day to day plant operations.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for planning and directing the manufacturing activities of the facility and establishing standards of performance, progress measurement, and interdepartmental flow. The Operations Manager analyzes delays or serious problems and develops course of action. This key position also determines staffing levels, shift requirements, operating schedules, and makes recommendations regarding machinery.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop & oversees established methods regarding plant personnel & capital resources in order to determine most efficient production processes.
- Analyzes production capacity and workload in order to determine machine usage and establish required labor hours.
- Plans the production process and monitors adherence to requirements and/or production deadlines.
- Directly oversees the day-to-day aspect of all production departments.
- Manages production supervisors with overall responsibility for production employees in production/assembly areas.
- Provides technical leadership for new product/process development including machine retool activities and prototype manufacturing.
- Participates in process reviews to ensure that best manufacturing methods are utilized throughout the plant.
- Coordinates and directs maintenance activities on manufacturing equipment
- Maintains compliance with TS16949, ISO14001, and customer certification standards.
- Bachelor Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience in leading the Operations function or several key components of the operations function to include areas such as materials management, quality, production or maintenance in a similar manufacturing facility producing similar products.
- 5 years' experience professional/supervisory experience within the operations group of a similar facility.
- 5 years manufacturing / machining and assembly experience in automotive industry.
- Prior management / supervisory experience.
- Prior Lean kaizen manufacturing experience.
- Must have solid experience and extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes.