ThyssenKrupp Aerospace NA is looking for Operations Manager who directs and coordinates operations in one or more areas of the plant. Ensures that objectives are achieved consistent with customer and quality requirements. Reports to the Plant Manager and delegates authority to key supervisors.
- Sets up and/or approves production schedules in the various departments to ensure that quotas are met and finished goods inventories and shipments are maintained at the proper level. Controls flow of materials and utilization of labor to ensure adequate production of various size boxes of required quality to fulfill production requirements of the cigar manufacturing plants.
- Reviews inventories of material stored for other plants, all advertising, and printing and box manufacturing supplies to ensure accuracy and to see that the purchasing department is aware of the inventory status of each item. Ensures maintenance of an eight-week inventory of all manufacturing material and supplies as required for the production of boxes at all plants.
- Directs and approves all requisitions for maintenance, repair of building, equipment, machine parts, and manufacturing supplies. Recommends and/or makes improvements in machinery and equipment and in manufacturing methods.
- Controls allocation and use of personnel to ensure fulfillment of production schedules in all departments at the lowest possible cost.
- Directs operation of all departments and guides supervisors in the performance of their duties.
- Visits the Puerto Rico box operation three or more times per year for consultation and firsthand review of work and problems.
- Advises and directs the Puerto Rico box manufacturing operation and ensures that necessary machinery, equipment, materials, and supplies are furnished.
- Approves all requisitions for machine parts and manufacturing supplies used in the Puerto Rico box operation.
- Ensure achievment of KPI's.
- Effectively communicate and gather data for continuous process improvement
- Expense accountability (within the department)
- Quality Accountability (co-author Work instructions, with department personnel)
- Revise work instructions as needed
- Implement Lean techniques in all departments
- Reporting verbally and electronically the tactical and strategic level of production performance
- Employee training with the Quality and Safety systems
- Monitoring of resources; equipment and personnel
- Direct, train and mentor Branch level employees
- Plant process well being
- Compliance to EEOC / OSHA/WIHA laws
- Processing of quality raw material from receipt to delivery at point of use.
- Cost saving analysis through continuous improvements and training
- Develops among assigned personnel a consciousness for the need for team work to attain department objectives.
- Reviews daily production schedule for the department to plan work and personnel assignments for the shift.
- Supervises and directs personnel on shift in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures.
- Anticipates and determines causes of delays in shift operations and takes appropriate action to meet shipping schedules.
- Reports promptly to department managers and production planning department when delays occur, estimates time of delay and when operations will be resumed.
- Directs personnel in the receipt of materials and supplies against quantities ordered and quality of specifications and advises purchasing department of deviations.
- Prepares required forms for shift and leaves for department manager's approval.
- Contacts engineering and maintenance departments for required repair work on shift and forwards ER (Engineering Requisition) for time and materials used.
- Reviews defect bin at end of each shift and authorizes rework or scrapping of materials.
- With department manager and appropriate staff personnel, studies operations where cost standards are not being met to determine causes and apply corrective measures.
- Interviews applicants for department jobs and recommends candidates to department manager for hiring. With department job instructor and safety committee member, conducts orientation of new hires and their safety training on shift.
- With department manager, conducts probationary and annual performance profile of each department employee and recommends performance increases, retraining, transfer, or termination.
- Applies company employee relations policies in all dealings with employees.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the department.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Qualifications: Minimum Requirements:
- Proven experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Proven track record for developing and managing performance
- Experience leading a team of 100+ employees with a 24/7 operation
- 5 plus experience in a Supervisory or Management position
- Bachelor's degreepreferred.
- Aerospace manufacturing experience