The Operations & Maintenance Manager provides general maintenance supervision and professional direction for comprehensive facilities services, which includes but is not limited to facilities maintenance, operations and repairs, and other maintenance services within the scope of the contract.
The successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of computerized maintenance management, building systems, maintenance, trade skills and construction practices, management policies and procedures, applicable laws and government regulations, as well as the policies of the client and customers within the property. This position reports to the Director of Facilities.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, supervision, and training to assigned supervisory and classified staff in facilities maintenance and plant operations.
- Plan, organize, control, and direct operations and activities in the preventative, scheduled, and responsive maintenance of all University facilities, utility systems, and equipment, including tasks in carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, construction, plumbing, painting and maintenance.
- Inspect completed projects for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established requirements and specifications. Assure that related functions comply with all applicable laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of various statistical and narrative reports, including the long-range facility plan, five-yearconstruction plan, scheduled maintenance program, facility programming and specification guides.
- Supervise, evaluate, and coordinate the work of assigned personnel.
- Participate in the screening and interview process to hire new employees, reassignment, and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Establish and maintain systems to train staff to meet performance and safety standards.
- Assist and maintain annual Departmental budget. Review, monitor, and evaluate budgets and financial data of all areas supervised. Control and authorize expenditures in accordance with authorized parameters.
- Maintain blueprints, specifications, and systems plans and drawings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Preferably has two-year technical college degree, Licensed trade skills or equivalent combination of related worked experience.
- 7 years of management experience within maintenance operations of a facility of similar size and scope.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment or vehicles.
- Trade equipment knowledge, proficiency with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated detailed instructions in writing and orally.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.
- Work environment will be a combination of an office and the facilities being managed/supervised.
- Must have the ability to travel to and from various sites using standard forms of transportation.
Other Job Requirements:
- This position is on 24-hour emergency call.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to provide state issued DMV record.
- Must be able to successfully complete a background check process.
- EPA Universal License