This position is responsible for the manufacturing and packaging of high quality finished goods, quick response and cycle times, as well as the constant improvement of manufacturing efficiencies. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining a safe work environment in compliance with all state and federal laws, maintaining plant manufacturing programs within budget, continuous improvement in the quality of our products, and directing and driving all company continuous improvement efforts in the 5 focus areas of Operational Excellence: Safety, People, Service, Quality and Cost.
Major tasks include:
• Direct the safe manufacturing of production orders.
• Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program, including all timely communication initiatives.
• Direct Supervisors and Team Leaders and others to assure safe, timely, cost effective production and packaging operations.
• Develop and execute plant manufacturing budgets.
• Analyze workforce requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring that all training programs are conducted properly.
• Ensure that high quality products are produced through Plant Quality Systems Program.
• Maintain good working relationships with all employees.
• Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
• Provide leadership for the successful day to day operation of the facility.
• Foster and operate in a continuous improvement environment.
• Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
• Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have a four year Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or eight years of work experience
• Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing or distribution facility, or in an operations environment.
• Previous experience with Safety systems and enforcement of Safety rules and policies. Experience with VPP (Voluntary protection program) is preferred
• Previous experience/strong understanding of the P&L and basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
• Strong PC skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets to analyze data and trends.
• Previous experience/knowledge of paint or chemical processing is strongly preferred
• Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering.
• Ability to work alternate shift patterns.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
• A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work with teams and lead decision making processes in a team environment.
• Formal training and/or experience with continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. is preferred
• Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt, Black Belt, Etc.) is preferred