- Directs and supervises the application of company policies to plant manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for establishing and executing production schedules and personnel needs based on sales requirements and plant capacity.
- Responsible for implementation and adherence to production standards and safety programs. Participates in process research and development programs.
- Controls quality, cost of production, warehousing, receiving, and shipping of raw materials through appropriate subordinates.
- Leads Continuous Improvement in production.
- Oversees the regular and daily maintenance of building, equipment, plant security, and protection. Leads Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Reviews and approves recommendations of subordinates in matters of personnel, pay rate changes, continuing education, etc.
- Represents the company in the community and promotes the company's goodwill and interest in the community, as applicable.
- Responsible for maintenance of inventory accuracy through cycle count completion and scrap tracking.
- Assures production process discipline through use of day-by-the-hour boards, level build schedules, and conformance to standard work procedures.
- Confers with management on an ongoing basis and communicates organizational goals and objectives to subordinates.
- Responsible for forecasting plant expenditures for fixed asset additions, pay rate increases, etc. for operating budget requirements.
- Communicates with employees regarding performance on a regular basis.
- Assures all employee evaluations are completed on time.
- Assures safety training for employees is completed prior to operation of any equipment.
- Participates and leads activities such as capacity planning (plant and yard), product flow, new product introduction, plant layout projects, and managing inventory levels.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in collaborative manner with customers, suppliers, co-workers, and management.
- Support and help develop their team with professional development short and long term goals.
- Helps company meet its Strategic, Quality, and Safety objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Service - Demonstrate excellent customer service and display a positive attitude and behavior consistent with the Steffes Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Quality - Actively support and participate in Quality Improvement.
- Take immediate action in unsafe situations.
- Adhere to all safety standards; thus, promoting safe practices to ensure a safe environment.
Conduct - Demonstrate and support the Steffes Code of Conduct.
Policies and Procedures - Demonstrate and support Steffes Policies and Procedures by:
- Using tact, sound judgement, and maintaining a professional attitude in communication and relationships with others.
- Striving to deliver the best quality in daily work.
- Promoting a positive image of Steffes and its products.
- Being timely and punctual in attendance and following all policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations or related discipline
- API welding requirement knowledge and experience desired
- ASME pressure vessel fabrication knowledge and experience desired
- Minimum of 10-15 years total manufacturing experience
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in general management, plant, or business unit management in a manufacturing company with leadership experience in Management/Production
- Proven P&L performance in delivering profitability, investment return, and customer satisfaction in leading a business unit/company
- Successful supervision experience with manufacturing products to ISO 9001/API Q1 requirements
- Proven, hands-on experience with Lean manufacturing practices
- Lean Bronze certification desired
- Proven computer skills: Microsoft word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook
- OR -
- An acceptable combination of education and experience