Operations Manager - RT
Greenville, Ohio 45331
A real go getter.
Someone with upside....will be able to move into plant manager role.
Leadership skills (UAW/union experience)
Directs and coordinates production for the entire plant ensuring that targeted objectives are met at the lowest possible cost consistent with safety and quality requirements while maintaining positive employee relations. Has a leadership role in transformation of the Greenville plant’s production department to support incremental growth, lean and floor level management principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership to ensure an orderly and safe work environment that adheres to group’s HS & E policies and promotes both employee welfare and protects the environment.
- Leadership role in the performance of the plant in terms of safety, quality, cost, delivery, OEE, inventory,& 5S targeting continuous improvement.
- Lead and manager leaders of programs to address employee satisfaction, morale, training, communications, yield improvement, engagement, knowledge transfer, technology transfer, S & OP process, and process improvements to support operating and strategic goals and objectives.
- Achieve the Annual Operating Plan in the areas of HS & E, quality, cost, delivery objectives and yield.
- Implement the utilization of the Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Toyota Production System tools in driving plant performance improvements.
- Cultivate an environment that promotes employee engagement in the running of the business to the lowest levels of the operations.
- Lead change through hands on approach. Execute change at a rapid pace engaging the entire workforce. Think “Out of box”.
- Develop the production team’s capabilities & effectiveness.
- Participate in Quality, Safety, Financial, and Physical InventoryAudits.
- Lead Employee Communication Meetings with written as well as verbal media on a monthly basis. Review goals, objectives, targets, plans, and performance in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery Performance, Inventory, Problem – Solving.
- Be a visible presence on the shop floor on every shift on a daily basis to coach, mentor, monitor, listen, and support the operations.
- Escalate significant events, problems, and concerns with solutions and alternative ideas and measures complete with safety, quality, service or cost impacts in a timely manner.
- Lead role in the transformation of Greenville’s capacity, capability and product mix flexibility
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Need a real go getter.
- Someone with upside....will be able to move into plant manager role.
- Leadership skills (UAW/union experience)
- High energy
- Business minded
- Present Salary?
11. Salary Expectation?
12. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?