We are looking for a hands-on Operations Manager for RRD's Supply Chain Solutions Division in our San Jeronimo facility!
Medical Device manufacturing experience is strongly preferred but not required.
Our business is growing and we are looking to boost our operations leadership team on site. The ideal candidate will have experience planning, directing and managing the activities and personnel engaged in facility operations by developing strategies to manage departmental operations and achieve operational goals. He / She will implement policies/procedures to manage the delivery of operations services that exceed customer expectations.
- Lead and manage production operations to maximum efficiency without compromising quality standards through effective capacity management and focused production planning/scheduling management
- Achieve and exceed planned levels of output and productivity improvement
- Manage policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, shareholder satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance numbers.
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire others to achieve optimum results
- Develop and implement strategies to manage departmental operations by initiating reviews of facility internal and external processes, identifying problem areas and developing action plans for improvement; reviewing of assigned operations procedures to ensure maximum ability to meet and exceed customer needs with minimal shrinkage.
- Participate and contribute in the evaluation of new automated facility operations management systems and enhancement of existing systems by identifying deficiencies in existing system; provide supporting documentation for new system; coordinate needs with affected departmental agencies; present requirements to Site Manager; participate on internal team to begin technical review; create team for testing of the new operating system.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective and timely communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Establish and maintain challenging targets for direct reports for improvement in customer service, employee relations, safety, quality, cost and distribution of products.
- Conduct regularly scheduled Town Hall meetings with all operations employees to keep them apprised of company goals, objectives and performance.
- Ensure compliance with company needs for capital investments and improvement projects in accordance with company policy.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all state and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with required regulations.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery of products manufactured
- Review and approve cost control reports, cost estimates, and manpower and facilities requirements.
- Present monthly reports on facility operations forecasts and performance to upper management.
- Meet with customers as required assisting in the development of new business as well as the preservation of existing business.
- Monitor implementation of all policies, procedures and processes to satisfy the requirements of Customers, Sales, Finance, Operations, HR and Government rules and regulations.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous job duties as requested from management representatives from time-to-time.
- Proven ability to lead by example and a high level of ability to motivate others towards the attainment of performance excellence.
- Proven ability to develop KPI’s and key metrics to determine target performance.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, bilingual Spanish/English essential
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to cooperate within teams and work beyond traditional working hours as workload or projects dictate.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines with little direction.
- Ability to link business and operations strategy and decisions to the company’s vision.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics, or a relevant field required with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Medical Device manufacturing or supply chain operations management experience strongly preferred.
- Manufacturing, Lean Thinking Principles / Six Sigma, Finance and Planning experience a plus.
- Experience of operating in an automated high speed manufacturing environment
- Experience of operating in an FDA, ISO 13485 environment is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques experience.
- Experience with strategic planning and implementation.
- Experience dealing with government regulations related to logistics.