Job Description Details
Under the direction of the Area Manager, supervises daily activities for the assigned shift/department to meet departmental productivity and quality goals and objectives. Oversees day-to-day operations for the assigned area. Circulates around area, prioritizes, assigns and reviews work to maintain departmental efficiency and meet productivity, volume and quality goals.
- Audit Supervisors and conduct monthly/quarterly feedback sessions to ensure professional, clear monthly updates to every employee on a timely basis. Review cumulative performance information maintained by the Supervisors.
- Model proactive employee relations as necessary. Partner with Human Resources for performance plans and corrective actions. Monitor progress against the plans.
- • Participates in the development of short and long range goals for the department including budget, manpower and systems requirements. Reviews the financial reporting to ensure accuracy. Participates in budget preparation and variance explanations.
- • Manages and resolves the most complex problems encountered by researching causes and determining how to prevent recurrences.
- • Develops procedures to meet new or changing conditions within the department. Interfaces with management and department to obtain approvals and implement changes.
- • Monitors departmental resources to ensure the necessary tools and equipment are available and in good working condition to expedite the flow of work through the area.
- • Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation to develop staff skills. Hires, promotes, evaluates performance, counsels and terminates staff. Identifies system enhancement to increase efficiency.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related fields, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of supervisory experience in a related high volume distribution center environment