We are a world-class team of professionals who deliver next generation technology and products in robotic and autonomous platforms and systems, ground systems, soldier systems, maritime systems, airborne sensors and payloads, processing and exploitation capabilities, and integrated C2 solutions. Much of our work contributes to innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
Our customers are always our number one priority and we consistently deliver Mission-Led Innovation to empower and protect our Defense and Security forces in the U.S. and abroad.
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
The Operations Manager is the operations leader for QinetiQ Inc’s systems integration facility that specializes in high technology systems for military customers. The Operations Manager will oversee and direct all aspects of the production process with the intent of achieving defined goals such as daily and monthly output schedules, quality levels, financial targets, etc.
- Coordinate and schedule production jobs, monitor safety, productivity, direct manufacturing engineering, and monitor efficiency, ensure workforce is properly trained, write annual performance reviews, and coach employees.
- Provides manufacturing and manufacturing engineering management to production projects.
- Manage all job orders to corporate profitability requirements and present results to Senior Management on a regular basis
- Oversee equipment maintenance to ensure the department is achieving expected efficiency and productivity goals.
- Facilitate root-cause analysis and corrective action as required for quality control issues.
- Responsible for supporting activities in the area of cost containment, efficiency, productivity, waste minimization, inventory control, supporting focus on lean manufacturing principles and effectively coaching employees to perform.
- Provide leadership, management and development of team members by providing guidance, feedback, support, and performance management.
- Maintain ISO and AS9100 standards throughout the process
- Responsible for monitoring the production process of job orders and adjusting the daily production schedule as necessary
- Lead daily production meetings at the beginning of all shifts with technicians and project managers to direct production activities and establish production priorities
- Maintain a constant awareness of jobs being processed, factory issues and equipment malfunctions to quickly determine necessary alternatives to maintain production schedules and on-time delivery
- Serve as link between quality, engineering, customer service, production control and manufacturing to provide feedback on potential bottleneck areas based upon work in progress
- Allocate personnel, material and equipment resources needed to meet production schedules
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Operations and/or plant management of electro-mechanical assemblies, preferably in a custom manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience of meeting commitments to customers and focusing on customer relationships to drive operations.
- Excellent leadership & team-building abilities with strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Prior experience responsible for manufacturing costs management and job cost analysis
- Demonstrate dependability, flexibility, decision - making skills and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of quality systems, tools, and procedures (ISO9001, AS9100, etc.) and related customer quality standards and requirements.
- Three to five years direct manufacturing supervision experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects through prioritization and time management.
- Experience with scheduling on the production floor and managing resources
- Ability to follow detailed technical instructions
- Knowledge of IPC 620 and related J-Standards
- Strong fluency with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, MS Projects & Power-point
- Ability to stand/walk throughout entire shift
- A 4-year degree in business, operations, or engineering with 6 years of experience is desired or 12 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment