This is an opportunity for a Manager that will be responsible for leading a group of Oracle Operations Command Center (O2C2) engineers in a 24/7 environment. This position will be responsible for the day to day activities of the technical staff as well as the management of service performance issues as they arise. This position will also be charged with the competent execution of business improvement processes related to service delivery, process monitoring/SLA and major incident management.
- Escalation point of contact for all major issues handled by the team.
- Generate reports and metrics to be used in weekly meetings and goal setting
- Responsible for staying on top of all major events, incidents, and change management for the team.
- Owns roadmap of the process and tools used to support timely and accurate notifications for stake holders during and after major incidents. Owns roadmap of the process and tools used in service delivery.
- Compile, distribute and evolve the daily turnover reports detailing events and outages that are either ongoing or recently resolved on shift.
- Ability to multi-task and solve multiple trouble issues simultaneously in a high stress environment.
- Coach and mentor teams to ensure personnel are working issues as efficiently and accurately as possible in a team oriented professional culture.
- Meet very aggressive network availability, MTTR, and ticket handling objectives while providing hands-on leadership during major incident.
- Participates in change control committee, providing input into all changes/additions to network to ensure minimal disruption to production system.
- Resolves any scheduled maintenance or major outage issues escalated from direct reports
- Strong ability to manage Incident, Problem and Change processes and get results. ITIL certification a plus
- Ability to collaborate with others to resolve problems, handle requests and manage issues.
- Ability to work with remote teams in multiple time zones across multiple shifts.
- Knowledge of managing TCP/IP network infrastructure, Switching and Routing Architectures and protocols such as OSPF, BGP and MPLS. Network certification a plus.
- Strong IT knowledge of non-windows systems, software and support.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment and multitask many ongoing issues simultaneously. You must be wired for operations.
- Prior team leadership
- Cloud certification or work experience preferred
U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident Status/Protected Person Required – Federal Government customer.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages a team maintaining and/or implementing software project(s) and/or internal systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership skills. Detailed knowledge of several applications within a business area needed. BA/BS degree and relevant experience.