Zymergen is hiring a Product Operations Manager to join our Japan Electronics Industry team as one of its core members and will be responsible for manufacturing scale-up and delivery of quality film products to customers. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of manufacturing activities at CMOs, capacity planning, manage COGS, understand customer requirements in terms of products. The candidate will collaborate with our Technical Engineers, UP Operations team, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Sales, and the Development Team to deliver meaningful products. The candidate is also expected to shape our overall business processes for film manufacturing in Japan by initializing SOPs and participate in the troubleshooting activities. The candidate is responsible for escalating and communicating any business issues to the US Operations team. He/She must be responsible for the overall delivery of the manufacturing plan and operational execution for the Japan business.
- Lead and Supervise the operations team and the business health in Japan
- Operate as the main point of contact to understand and contextualize new product introduction and running on-going operations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our US Operations and JP Technical Engineering Team to address any technical issues, respond to customer requests
- Build a strong relationship with CMOs to make sure the product is made to spec
- Represent the JP Operations interest during the S&OP meeting to communicate business status and identify needs
- Develop manufacturing capacity at each of our CMOs
- Write and review documentation, provide training to employees
- Communicate clearly to business and technical leads on engineering priorities and progress against short term and longer-term objectives
Qualifications / Experience:
- Must be proficient in written /communicating in English and Japanese
- B.S. or higher in a science or engineering field;
- 10+ years of experience working in product management, business consulting, or related fields.
- Experience with manufacturing at CMOs
- Significant experience managing cross-functional initiatives from stakeholder identification through to execution and implementation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint.