Working independently,works closely with theExecutive Directoron a variety of administrative and executive duties, special projects, and initiatives involving the Pro Humanitate Institute and its priorities.
- Directs, manages, and administers the daily operation of the Pro Humanitate Institute to ensure that the department is productive and running efficiently.
- Serves as primary point of administrative contact between the Pro Humanitate Institute and a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a dynamic and diverse community. May represent the department on business affairs as needed. Facilitates internal and external communications for the Executive Director.
- Handles questions, concerns, issues, and requests on the Executive Director’s behalf; coordinating communications and preparing special correspondence for the Executive Director. Ensures timely flow of information to and from the Pro Humanitate Institute.
- Serves as a member of the Pro Humanitate Institute’s leadership team; serves on internal and University-wide committees as assigned; and actively participates and represents the Executive Director’s interests at all times in University functions.
- Provides exceptional leadership and effective management of administrative staff, student workers, and temporary staff; trains and provides work direction and problem-solving assistance.
- Exercising independent judgment makes procedural decisions involving sensitive, confidential, and privileged information.
- Acting as Project Manager, coordinates and serves as a catalyst for high priority projects and initiatives; overseeing the coordination of details and ensuring timely completion.
- Responsible for acquiring and presenting all necessary information and documentation for the Executive Director to make data-driven decisions efficiently and effectively on critical issues.
- Oversees all financial activities in the Pro Humanitate Institute; manages payments, journal entries, additional compensation, purchasing card transactions, payroll and E-Verify. Monitors financial activity, and maintains accurate records. Performs data trend analysis and reconciles all expenses for PHI, including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Implements and sustains a planning/budget process which allows the ED to develop comprehensive multi-year plans. Reconciles funds and provides monthly financial updates to the Executive Director. Facilitates annual budget preparation and overall departmental spending to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Processes all donations and ensures timely communication with donors; monitors and processes student fees and ensures follow-up with students, as needed. Develops donor relations strategy in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Researches and prepares material for grants, proposals, and applications, as needed; Assist Executive Director and program directors with internal grant administration, including tracking applications, supporting selection committees, tracking and communicating awards, and ensuring that reports are submitted after grant funds have been awarded.
- Manages the Executive Director’s calendar and schedule to make certain that identified priorities are addressed in a timely fashion, helping to ensure optimum utilization of the Executive Director’s time.
- Oversees all travel arrangements and handles complex logistics; arranges for urgent issues to be handled by appropriate staff in the Executive Director’s absence.
- Plans, organizes, and attends PHI events and meetings as requested, including space reservations, catering, and presentation and accompanying AV needs, creating and distributing handouts, and addressing on-site needs.
- Works collaboratively to assume responsibility for all materials, supplies, equipment usage and maintenance, operational functionality and related activity for the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May have oversight responsibility for office website updates and changes.
- Monitors the facility to ensure that it remains safe, secure, and well-maintained. Responsible for all materials, supplies, equipment usage and maintenance, operational functionality, and related activity for the department.
Additional Job Description
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible administrative experience in a related field.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and dependability.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment; possessing conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information and perform a wide range of duties that require tact, sensitivity, independent judgment, diplomacy, organizational skills, flexibility and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focus, with the ability to project a collaborative and professional demeanor with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse University community.
- Outstanding communicator and strong writer; an individual who possesses superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex Executive meetings.
- Exceptional project management skills, to include the ability to plan ahead, organize, and lead multiple, concurrent initiatives simultaneously and to proactively and strategically meet project needs in a timely manner until successful completion.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and experience in effectively creating documents, reports, and presentations.
- Ability to anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities as they arise and advise accordingly.
- Ability to use good judgment and individual discretion in responding to inquiries.
- Ability to organize workflow and manage multiple tasks and functions simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and committed to continuous improvement.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience in higher education.
- General knowledge of Wake Forest University budget system and financial and accounting procedures.
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible administrative experience in a related field.