The Operations Manager is accountable for managing people safety, food safety, quality, financial performance, morale, customer service and compliance. It is important to develop strategies and practices that support production, continuous improvement initiatives and product quality assurance through communicated objectives and day to day operational goals. A key focus is leadership development. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Establish environments conducive to high levels of engagement and performance.
- Represent Operations as a strategic business partner with all departments to coordinate activities within the company to drive decision quality.
- Develop and implement plans that are aligned with continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing principles to deliver business results.
- Develop budgets, labor plans, staffing and capital expenditures.
- Ensure operations resources are focused and aligned on accomplishing key manufacturing tasks and are accountable for making sure they understand how it relates to the business strategy.
- Through their teams, identify constraints limiting performance and seek out new and different solutions, leveraging expertise across the company to support.
- Optimize and develop talent at both the hourly and salaried level through planning, assessment and actions.
- Course correct issues in the facility through the use of daily production meetings and develop actionable items that will enhance deliverables.
- Hold employees accountable for results and behavior in accordance with company values.
- All other duties as assigned.
Leadership Competencies: Drive for results; Command skills; Action-oriented; Builds effective teams; Managerial courage; Conflict management; Problem solving; Customer focus; Developing direct reports; Managing vision and purpose; Business Acumen
- Bachelordegree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Management, Science or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years combined related experience, with a preference in food processing/packaging, including 5 years of supervisory experience highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes.
- Strong knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Able to build relationships and inspire others.
- Must be mobile and able to take on broader assignments for additional development opportunities.
Job ID OPERA02375