The role has overall responsibility for customer engagement, sales, production, planning, quality, procurement and engineering including the advancement of process excellence across all the functions.
Ideal candidate has worked preferably in manufacturing, aerospace, oil and gas, or automotive and has significant people management skills and knowledge of machining environments.
- Plan, develop and implement a strategy for production management
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development.
- Implement continuous improvement measures so as to increase productivity and bring about operational efficiency.
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
- P&L experience with exposure to international customers
- Implement and oversee the quality of deliverable's and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Identifying and initiating technical projects, programs and plans which lead to improved processes and products, reduced costs and increased output.
- Supporting Manufacturing Engineering in selection of machinery and equipment’s for new orders and in ROI analysis.
- Manpower planning, utilization and control of staff members
- Effective Project Management skills
- Experience in managing manufacturing cells like machining, forging, casting, sheet metal shop, tooling etc.
- 15- 20 Years of experience in Manufacturing and Engineering
- At least 8 - 10 years experience in managerial role
- Graduation/Post graduation in Mechanical Engineering from a reputed institute
- Post graduation or PG Diploma in manufacturing engineering / design and development
- Short term courses/certifications on machine tools selection, cutting tool application etc. would be an added advantage (preferable)