At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Operations Manager to join our team in New Orleans, Louisiana (US-LA), United States (US).
- Ensure performance and reliability of the legacy computer environment, coordinate the resolution of legacy systems operational concerns, and act as a liaison with IT management to facilitate the delivery of the legacy systems information technology services.
- The OM shall manage all aspects of legacy systems operations tasks assigned by the Government (legacy systems Operations Management or their delegate)
- Responsible for driving innovation background
- Success in transitioning large projects.
- Work location is New Orleans, LA with some travel to DC (Denver, Alaska possibly)
- Experience drafting SOPs
- Experience in an Operations lead role of similar size
- Knowledge of patching procedures are conducted, following the legacy systems change management workflow and schedule.
- Technical background in Oracle, Solaris, Linux, Windows,
- Experience assigning tasks while helping to ensure optimum effectiveness; prioritizing tasks based on input from legacy systems operations management or their delegate.
- Ability to monitor contract staff performance and providing cross-training to staff as needed, re-allocate resources and manage workload and staffing.
- knowledge of existing technology as it applies to current and future legacy systems architecture.
- Operational efficiencies monitoring and reduction - minimize costs, help ensure optimum output, and maintain quality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an open communication style
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong execution skills with the ability to work efficiently under pressure deliver quality results within standards and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, should be detail oriented, work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts and ideas to senior IT management, functional and business teams
- 7-10 years' experience planning, managing and operating computer operations activities for large engagements
- 5+ years' experience in Business Consulting-Operations Management
- 5+ years' experience creating Standard Operations Procedures
- 3+ years of experience with SAFE (or other Agile cert) - must provide proof of certification
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in environmental safety (nice to have)
- Experience in the oil and gas industry (nice to have)
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.