This position is responsible for the overall day-to-day operation, leadership and management of the manufacturing plant. This position reports to the Plant Manager and regularly reports on plant performance. Direct reports to this position include a salaried staff including but not limited to Shift Managers, Kaizen Leaders, and Process Improvement Technicians.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Employee Safety and Safety Compliance
- Product quality and customer satisfaction with order fulfillment
- Productivity, budget management/cost management.
- Continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and management methods to generate improved plant performance and workflow optimization and efficiencies
- OEE Improvement through reliability & maintenance continuous improvement
- Inventory and materials management
- Capital planning and implementation
- Assess and manage the Operations staff and hourly employees within the plant
- A minimum of 5 years of production/operations management experience in manufacturing and operations.
- Well rounded operations management experience including a deep understanding and experience with operations tactics, lean, Continuous improvement strategies, best practices, and process discipline.
- Knowledge of production processes, raw materials, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Track record of excellent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Ability to successfully work to reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to effectively set and communicate expectations & directives to manufacturing staff.
- Results driven, analytical, self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to logically identify alternative solutions or approaches to complex problems.
- Must have demonstrated accountability at the plant management level and have a strong track record of successful execution.
- Demonstrated success as an innovative manufacturing leader.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively manage operations with excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.