The Operations Manager will provide leadership in his/her assigned area to support the company's short and long term vision. This candidate must have the ability to work cross-functionally with other departments. They will drive and deliver manufacturing improvements through developing team members. This key role must effectively perform and oversee this activity while maintaining excellent employee relations and adhering to all quality, safety regulations, GMP's, SQF and company policies.
Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business operations.
- Analyze manufacturing process to resolve problems. Create efficiencies and promote a quality manufacturing focus from raw materials receipt through production, packaging, maintenance, and shipping.
- Create and implement formal operational processes, procedures, and ongoing improvements.
- Manage projects from processing to distribution, working with project managers to complete.
- Evaluate operational performance regularly according to company goals and objectives.
- Oversee a smooth running, efficient operations team that provides top quality customer service while finding a balance between profitability, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement.
- Utilize resources to problem solve and work proactively to plan for production runs.
- Assist in creating and revising SOP's.
- 6 + years applicable experience in the Food Manufacturing industry
- 6 + years applicable experience in the poultry industry required.
- Knowledge of Lean, Continuous Improvement and/or Six Sigma.
- Must have a working knowledge of manufacturing concepts, operations, warehouse, and inventory controls.
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills.
- Must successfully engage people from all levels of the organization in achieving lean and other company goals.
- GMP/HACCP exposure is preferred.
Salary for this position is $130,000–$215,000