Multi-Color Corporation is a growth-company offering the latest in flexographic print technologies. We believe that people are our greatest asset and one of our most important competitive advantages. That’s why we recruit only highly motivated and focused individuals.
We are a Global Award-Winning Label Solutions Provider. You can see our premium labels everywhere; from home/healthcare products to fine wine. Our purpose is to deliver the world's best label solutions that help our customers build their brands, while adding value to our associates, our shareholders, and the communities in which we operate.
Our associates operate creatively within a framework of shared values and business goals. We believe our associates are at the very heart of our success. Our associates are involved in company and community initiatives and lead teams of focus groups to carry out those initiatives. The voice of our associates is heard loud and clear.
Want to learn more about us, our technologies and our successful operations? Check us out at www.mcclabel.com or search “Multi-Color” on Facebook to get an insider’s view of our plant culture.
Now that you know a bit about us, let’s get to know you. If you share our vision and believe that you could contribute to the success of our organization, we look forward to hearing from you!
The Operations Manager leads and manages all assigned production operations with responsibilities for safety, quality, productivity, people management and development. We are seeking a leader capable of managing and developing others.
- Safety – Champion all aspects of personal and Plant Safety. Instill a sense of self responsibility for safety among associates. Lead and support plant Safety Committee efforts. Assure the safety of the associates and the safe use of the equipment, including housekeeping and environmental compliance.
- Quality: Optimize the production process to assure that quality is built-in, not inspected in. Quality levels must meet plant requirements. Support quality initiatives and corrective actions to drive a culture that supports our Quality Statement and helps employees learn and improve.
- Operations: Support the goals of the Plant by developing operational capability and capacity through leveraging technologies and people, including communicating the operations vision and driving the overall operations plan.
- Financial: Help establish and achieve the approved budget of the Plant, including developing and providing justification for the capital expenditures budget for production.
- Customer Service: Create a customer-centered culture for production. Support efforts to achieve excellent on-time performance. Contribute to company cross-functional teams, to achieve the overall effectiveness of customer relationships, including customer visits and interaction as needed.
- Performance Metrics: Establish, monitor and achieve Production operating metrics and expense budget. Establish and monitor annual goals and objectives for assigned production areas. Communicate and cascade KPI goals. Drive accountability throughout the production.
- Capacity/Throughput: Create, establish and manage the capacity and capability of the Plant to meet fluctuating customer demands, optimizing profitability and lead time expectations. Minimize WIP between unit operations.
- People: Build, develop and manage a high performing team to instill ownership of production objectives through selection, performance assessments, talent management, training and development of associates down to the production associate level. Lead team to be capable of carrying out the short and long-term strategies of the plant.
- Continuous Improvement: Create a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Technical Knowledge: Develop and continually improve technical knowledge of processes in order to continually improve and problem solve. Utilize and report results with the Order Management System (Radius).
- Values: Model the Corporate Values – Creativity, Achievement, Passion, Perseverance, and Integrity – including instilling a high performance, people-driven culture, providing high expectations and high support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or similar field, strongly preferred.
- Minimum eight years’ manufacturing experience, preferably in the printing industry, with proven ability to effectively manage a well-run, continually improving plant operation.
- Experience with manufacturing Safety Program required.
- Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma experiencepreferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including ability to enter formulas, perform analysis and create pivot tables, etc.
- College level math including statistical analysis; working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Articulate, clear, persuasive and passionate both verbal and written communication; able to create and lead a vision with a team.
- Effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to a variety of audiences. Must be able to relate to all individuals, diverse cultures within the organization.
- Rational, fact-driven decision making skills. Capable of analyzing data, drawing conclusions, making recommendations, and presenting findings.
- High level of accuracy, strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and planning skills; Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Assertive and solution-focused; experience leading projects, delegating and taking problems to resolution.
- Positive attitude, team player, proven leadership skills
- Must be able to move about in offices and plants in a safe manner; some travel to customer sites and other facilities may be required.