**Candidates must have experience and demonstrated success
in complex automotive manufacturing operations**
Operations Manager Summary:
Manager is responsible for all plant activities,for meeting production schedules and producing a product in accordance with customer requirements while maintaining maximum production and minimum costs.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the overall Plant activities.
- Set specific objectives for all personnel to direct them to the highest possible degree of overall plant efficiency.
- Motivate personnel to realize their maximum potential and to attain high-level performance.
- Direct changes in methods, planning and processing required to meet or exceed forecasts and control costs of the manufacturer.
- Coordinate plant activities with other plants in the Division as necessary to meet the goals of the Division.
- Recommend capital expenditures, cost-reduction programs, and innovations that could improve operations, increase profits, or reduce costs.
- Maintain an Open Door policy to all levels of the operation to review suggestions and complaints.
- Keep current on safety requirements and direct development to maintain an accident-free operation.
- Ensure that quality standards are met and that proper methods are being used to maintain quality standards consistent with the Company's reputation as a quality producer.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 8 years related experience preferred.
- Proven Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead team members and get results through others.
- In depth knowledge of financial and budgetary controls.
- Ability to motivate and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.
- High degree of professionalism along with organizational skills, tact, and diplomacy.
- A strong background and working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.