Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our New Johnsonville, TN facility.
This position is responsible for the operations of manufacturing ultra-high purity gas handling equipment in Longmont, Colorado. The responsibilities include establishing and maintaining operation policies, processes, procedures, training, and safe work practices for all operational employees while fostering a well-trained and motivated staff. This position reports directly to a Director of Operations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Ability to proficiently display computer software skills with programs such Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ideal candidates will have experience with 3D CAD, PLC, and MRP software
* Hands on understanding of UHP equipment manufacturing, including clean room policies, equipment purity tests, and an in-depth knowledge of micro contamination.
* Working knowledge of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing practices.
* Training in Safety and Compliance (OSHA, DOT, EPA, and FDA)
* Experience in establishing flow rates / throughput for a given product
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
* Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and processes.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Direct and coordinate plant operation within company policies and procedures.
* Leads the Safety Culture to a performance goal of zero accidents, zero incidents.
* Provides leadership to deliver a high level of personal and team safety performance and regulatory compliance.
* Establish and direct plant policies, processes, and procedures.
* Establish and maintain equipment and production schedules.
* Select and train plant supervisory, manufacturing, and administrative staff.
* Manage manufacturing of new equipment including implementing processes, procedures, infrastructure, budgeting and costs associated
* Establishes and run quality processes with metrics to measure quality performance.
* Manage production, purchasing and shipping activities.
* Optimizes profitability of the area business by actively managing controllable expenses, local inventory and development of continuous improvement projects to generate hard cost savings/profit improvement as a function of War on Waste
* Supports sales representatives in customer activities, new business acquisition, contract negotiations and customer service requirements.
* Coordinates and manages communications in the site and between Area, Region and Zone Management.
* Reports operations activity timely to MTG management.
* Manages semi-annual inventories.
* Conduct employee performance reviews.
* Perform other projects and duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Business Management or an Engineering discipline from a four-year college or university;
* Five to Ten years related experience and/or training preferably in site/branch operations and/or high purity equipment operations in the electronic gas industry; or
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.