This position is accountable for the safe, efficient and accurate manufacture of all Equistar products. Responsibilities include general supervision of production operations including: managing all production functions, developing and implementing new and improved production processes and techniques, meeting production schedules, keeping costs within operating budgets, and developing staff to successfully manage safety, quality and productivity. This position also oversees the Maintenance and Logistic departments. Position based at our Mansfield Texas site.
Roles & Responsibilities
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Accountable for personal safety, the safety of fellow employees and contractors, and for promoting a safe work environment. Ensure that housekeeping and hazard communication standards are maintained.
- Plans, directs and manages the operations of the Production, Logistics and Maintenance Departments to meet sales requirements by planning production, optimizing inventories, yields and production rates.
- Monitors and controls direct operating costs of the Production, Logistics and Maintenance Departments, operating efficiencies, capital improvements, and preparation of operating budgets.
- Responsible for product quality, investigations of quality problems and customer complaints.
- Responsible for supervision of the Production, Logistics and Maintenance Departments’ safety programs, accident investigations, and safety projects.
- Monitors all capital and non-capital projects done in the Production Department. Completes various projects as planned per CAPEX Plan.
- Interacts with other departments and department managers in a team approach to communicate the needs of the Operations Department.
- Develops and provides leadership to Production, Logistics and Maintenance Department personnel by personal consultations, formal training, establishing and monitoring policies and performance appraisals. Results should be a unified group working toward meeting the common goals of the department.
- Maintains a high level of discipline by formulating and standardizing procedures and performance standards for hourly employees.
- Acts as a staff advisor to the Site Manager and advises on various administrative matters pertaining to the department.
- Supervises and monitors all Production and Logistics Department operations personnel training.
- Performs primary liaison responsibilities between site and business unit sales personnel.
- Ensures that both Quality and Environmental improvement projects requiring capital and resources are advocated during annual Continuous Improvement Process & Budgeting process.
- Ensures that the Quality and Environmental Policy & Objectives are implemented and understood by all department personnel.
- Works in conjunction with the Site Manager and HR Manager in the areas of employee relations and personnel administration.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
Knowledge: Candidate must have a working knowledge of plastic compounding and processing operations; 3-5 years’ experience as a line supervisor; knowledge of OSHA and general environmental regulations, good personnel practices and human relation skills. Must have good knowledge of problem solving techniques.
Skills: Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have good human resources management skills, technical/engineering skills, and manufacturing planning capabilities and ability to make objective decisions.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Science or 8-10 years’ experience in supervisory/management positions, knowledge of current management practices & philosophy.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.