This position is responsible for all facility operations for this Location, including safety, receiving, storage, handling, quality management, loading and housekeeping. This will require supervision of the operation’s workforce, inventory management, transaction record management, and safety and regulatory compliance tracking. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, repairs and capital improvements to the facilities, staffing, operational and safety training, and timely reporting to management.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the facility operations and safety at all of the facilities for this Location (including any leased facilities and future growth sites). Specific accountabilities for the Operations Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Lead efforts to identify and eliminate hazards at the facility level.
- Select, organize, train and motivate personnel, instilling a team concept in the achievement of Location and company goals and objectives.
- Assess, determine options, recommend, and execute for each facility’s capital needs for Safety, Repairs and Maintenance, and capital improvements to enhance the Location. Workin conjunction with OP Assets Team.
- Establish and implement Company procedures, which will manage, through blending and conditioning, the quality of grain for marketing, while controlling costs.
- Working with the Director of Facility Operations, establish and execute a preventative maintenance program for each facility to reduce total maintenance cost while providing a high level of operational readiness and safe operation.
- Maintain an open, candid relationship with the Assets Team to ensure full disclosure of important information on matters relating to the operation and safety of the facility, making suggestions and recommendations for improvement.
- Establish and maintain a protective security program and uphold uniform standards for appearance, upkeep and housekeeping for each facility site.
- Maintain compliance with applicable Federal, State and Local regulations for the operation of these facilities, concerning OSHA, EPA, and FDA.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
5 or more years of progressive experience handling and maintaining the condition of grain including:
- Supervision of various operational functions and facility management.
- Self starter; reliable in the performance of daily responsibilities
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of aeration, blending, drying, transferring, loading of grain.