Are you an experienced Operations Manager interested in new opportunities near the Lansing, Michigan area?
Salary: $85-90K + DOE
Top reasons to work with us?
- Opportunity to work with one of the area's highest growth companies.
- The company fosters a very strong, offering opportunity for long term growth and an excellent benefit package.
The Operations Manager is responsible for delivering the following:
- The Operations Manager is responsible for directing and leading all Material Management including the areas of Purchasing, Production Control, Warehousing, Shipping and Receiving, Inventory Control and any other aspects of materials flow, as more fully defined below.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of material flow, including procurement, production control, receiving, warehousing, scheduling, storing and shipping components, parts and machines(goods).
- Working withother Departments including Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing,
- After Sales and Finance/Administration to assure a smooth and orderly materials
- flow to maximize company business and operations.
- Maintaining inventory control and keeps records to account for receipt, movement
- and shipment of goods (parts and materials, etc.).
- Maintaining all Materials databases necessary to control and account for all
- inventory in warehouse, work in process or shipment.
- Coaches, leads, develops, and reviews employees assigned to various Materials
- departments; interviews and recommends candidates for Materials Department
- Oversees and directs all purchasing functions including approval of all
- requisitions and purchase orders. Also demonstrates a clear understanding of MRP and its related processes.
- Monitoring contract and pricing with vendors, negotiates ?best pricing and
- delivery? for company, and reviews all purchase orders for appropriate pricing,
- timing of delivery and conformance to company terms and conditions.
- Acts on both forecasts and new customer orders in order to requisition, order
- and/or initiate plans to assemble machines and/or manufacture parts.
- Develops production forecasting and scheduling activities, releases materials requirements to Purchasing, and discusses materials planning issues with manufacturing.
- The position is responsible for the leadership and management of all Materials / Logistics
- areas of the company.
What you need to be a successful Operations Manager in this role:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from a four (4) year college or university,
- preferably with a degree in Materials Management, Supply Chain Management,
- Logistics, or a related business degree.
- In lieu of the above educational/experience requirements, a successful candidate
- would be required to demonstrate an equivalent combination of education and
- experience in excess of ten (10) years?experience, with very strong managerial
- level experience and demonstrated knowledge of materials management.
- Excellent negotiating skills, including ability to review contracts.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with LOGISTICS companies, both domestic
- and international.
- Very strong knowledge of MRP systems as applied in a manufacturing
Send us your resume so we can engage in a conversation about you, and how this role may take your career to a new level.