About the Job:
The Operations Manager who reports to the Associate Facilities Director for the Global Hub is responsible for planning, coordinating, allocating and directing staff and resources for set up and break down for classes, conferences, events and activities pertaining to Kellogg and NU central in the 415,000 sf building that operates 7am to 10pm 6 days a week. Communicating with numerous stakeholders on pre-plan and day of execution expectations and delivery. Operate and control building help desk that takes all faculty, staff and student calls and coordinates work orders and customer service delivery. Coordinates with the food service provider and day porters. Assist with developing and implementing policies and procedures.
Please Note: Hours are determined based on the needs of the building programing and subject to change as needed. Some weekend hours may be required.
- Administers and coordinates all of the day to day operational and facility demands of the Global Hub that includes academic functions, Conferences and Events, Faculty and Dean Office requirements. Participate in event planning meetings and ensure appropriate resources are scheduled for conferences and events. Collaborate with Kellogg staff, faculty, and students to gather ideas for program improvements. Coordinate and support all programs to ensure the customer’s needs are met.
- Leverage Aramark PA and custodial staff to support all professors utilizing classroom and seminar spaces. Coordinate with Scheduling to provide positive end user experiences for Faculty, Staff, and Students.
- Assist in the implementation, upkeep, and deployment of work order system to track all building user requests and coordinate with NU FM helpdesk. Coordinate and direct NU FM trades to appropriate areas of need.
- Contribute ideas, knowledge and recommendation to the Kellogg facilities team to establish best practices and metrics to ensure continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of facilities and conference center management experience.
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously required.Must be able to work independently. Project a professional demeanor and be proactive about identifying and resolving potential problems.
- Facilities planning skills, including space utilization analyses and understanding of building systems and related operational issues
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Proactive mindset and drive for continual improvement in facility operations and financial performance.
- Ability to be a results-oriented leader and effective manager.
- Unquestioned integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.