Arconic Engines (AEN) is a world-class producer of aero engine and industrial gas turbine components, including airfoils, rings, disks and forgings. We excel in vacuum melted superalloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next-generation of quieter, more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation. AEN is a business unit of Arconic.
Profile: Our Operations Managers partner with the Plant Leadership Team to translate business strategy into actions that drive business results for one of our facilities. The Operations Manager will report to the Plant Manager. The primary purpose of the Operations Manager position is to lead the manufacturing organization to safely deliver or exceed the financial plan. He/she will be measured on both financial and non-financial indicators directly related to safety, profitability, quality, on-time delivery, and employee engagement. This position is in the succession plan for Plant Manager.
Essential Functions: The Operations Manager position includes both creation of strategic vision and tactical management and execution, examples include but are not limited to:
- Ensures a culture is in place that puts the safety and welfare of our employees ahead of all other goals.
- Leading and lagging indicators need to be managed and linked to actions that will reduce risk in the workplace.
- Leads manufacturing operating plans in accordance with company policies, goals and objectives. Assessing process capability, improving process control and instilling a culture of accountability will be a primary goal for this position.
- Executes the vision for the organization by formulating and guiding the implementation of long (2-5 years) and short-range plans, policies and programs associated with assigned business unit product offerings, within the broad framework of operating unit and corporate strategy and under the direction of senior management to achieve approved objectives.
- Leads a multi-disciplined plant team in meeting monthly forecasts and all appropriate business metrics in a continuous improvement spirit.
- Sets a high standard for ethics and compliance, ensuring business processes adhere to our business conduct policies and procedures.
- Develops and executes lean and flexible production systems based on Continuous Improvement principals, specifically TPM techniques across all manufacturing operations to lower plant breakeven point.
- Executes plans for quality and process excellence that ensures consistent quality assurance and process excellence procedures, controls and feedback.
- Manages an effective team including hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing and counseling with career development.
- Adheres to operational budgets and coordinates capital plans, appropriation requests, and project follow up.
- Implement quarter-over-quarter improvement strategies to increase efficiency, spend performance, customer delivery and safety record.
- Lead by example that safety is a way of life and a passion for an injury-free workplace.
- Lead the implementation of tactics to achieve improvement in on-time delivery, yield improvement, scrap reduction, and productivity.
- Establishes the goals and metrics to drive improvement, and refine activities as needed with monitoring the projected effects of forecasts on the business unit, revenues, and the “external gross profit”.
- Directs the development and maintenance of long-range operational forecasts regarding volume, market share, financial requirements, human resource needs, organizational plans, etc., and monitors the projected effects of these forecasts on business unit investment, revenues, and the “external gross profit.”
- Maintains an awareness of, and exercises sound business judgment in such areas as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and related matters.
- Champions a clear channel of communication and coordination between functional counterparts in the business units – marketing, engineering, finance, manufacturing, operations, and quality and external to business unit, customer service, sales, sales administration, technical services and distribution. Responsible for cross-functional coordination and specification of effective processes and standards for support departments.
- Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in applicable areas.
- Ensures that effective business unit systems, procedures and financial controls are established and maintained for the business unit’s operations.
Essential Knowledge, Skills&Abilities:
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Disciplined Execution — Job requires holding the Operations team accountable through daily execution to the plan. When required, he/she will need to be able to dive into details to ensure operational success.
- Strong financial literacy — Job requires the ability to drive P&L change in standard costing system through well thought out projects with appropriate ROI.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Candidate must be open to relocation.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in plant operational management;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of P&L management responsibility;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in aerospace and/or automotive manufacturing;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in the follow disciplines preferred: Engineering or Business.